Google Ad

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Restless Mind

Today coffeehouse is almost empty. I ordered a cup of latte and grabbed a chair at the corner. Suddenly I saw Nameet. I waived towards him.

"Hey Nameet, over here", I said
"Hey Arka, whats up", Nameet replied.
"Nothing much man , Life is boring. I am not getting the kick out of it", I said
"Same here man..Arka, I do not know what it is , but recently I find myself very restless. I am not sure whether it is happening to me alone or if it is a normal thing that happens to everyone when they touch thirty"
"What is it?"
"Well, I feel I have lot of potential in me but I have not been able to make use of it for the past thirty years. It seems I have not achieved anything at all in my career so far. I want to do something. I want to make a difference. But do not know how?"
"You are not alone with this feeling Nameet, I feel the same myself. In my 8 years of career I feel I have not achieved much. I have done my masters in comp science, but now I think I should have done MBA. I do not have any job satisfaction. I want to do something of my own, I want to make a difference as you said. But I am not getting any idea what to do. I feel I am wasting away the time. With each day passing by , I am one day nearer to death."
"You are right, we must do something, may be we can start a business of our own. India is a booming market now. May be we can start a business there. What do you think?"
"Well, I am in if you plan to start something up. But what is in your mind?"
"I was thinking of starting up something like financial advising, we can study the market and then advise people on investing their money. To begin with we can publish a monthly magazine and encourage people to subscribe for free. The magazine will have articles on finance. The people who subscribes will form our client base and once we have a good number of clients, we can approach them to buy our financial advise for a fee."
"That is not a bad idea, let us start planning for it."
"Looks like a plan. I got to go now .will catch you later".

Nameet left. I started thinking about this idea. It is not a bad idea. If we succeed ,that will be an achievment. That will probably bring some satisfaction .

No comments: